Friday, October 26, 2012

Key Lime Indeed....


I've been hitting the Greek yogurt like it's been going outta style lately.  Normally, I eat Nancy's Nonfat Plain yogurt on everything: pancakes, baked potatoes, in baking recipes, in my mashed potatoes, in homemade macaroni and cheese.  It gives everything a creamy richness without adding a ton of fat.  Plus, Nancy's seems to have more live active cultures than any other yogurt I've ever run across.  There's also the awesome connection to one of my favorite authors, Ken Kesey.  It's even somewhat local to a Portlander.  Nancy's is based in Springfield, Oregon.  

Then, I found some yogurt in the clearance zone at the grocery store.  It was 75% off, seeing as it was about to expire.  I don't normally eat conventional yogurt, but this was clean.  Completely natural ingredients, just not organic.  Dannon Oikos Greek yogurt in Key Lime.  It's so dang difficult to find lime yogurt in general, let alone KEY lime, and Greek style? 

Good God, I was sold.  I never looked back.  It was the most delicious thing I've put in my mouth since cheesecake.  Or brownies with vanilla bean frozen yogurt on top.  This isn't just yogurt, it's a full-on dessert, and I'm fanatically in love.  It tastes exactly like a completely authentic Key Lime pie from Key West.  I formerly lived in the Keys, so that's saying something.  This yogurt makes me Keys-sick.  

You need to put this in your mouth as soon as possible.  You won't be sorry.  You can experience a bit of this:



UPDATE!  

Nancy's Creamery now makes Greek Yogurt!! Rejoice!  I've already contacted them to see about whipping up some lime flavored yogurt.  Keep your fingers crossed, Y'all!






No comments:

Post a Comment