Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Battling the Vains.

I never realized my pale skin would turn the color of a tea rose...permanently.  

I spent most of my years outdoors as a child, seeing as I was--and still am--a raging tomboy.  Later on in life, I worked hard to stay outdoors as a field worker in environmental restoration.  

I noticed fine lines developing and worst of all, the initial stages of--wait for it--rosacea {gasp!}. 

I figured with my pale skin and propensity for sunburns, I might oughtta check in with a dermatologist for the first time in my life.  

As it turns out, there's a VERY cheap treatment available for those of us with visible facial capillaries, or "fissures" as my ManFriend likes to call them.  Are you ready for this?!  Afrin nasal spray!!  Kind of amazing, eh?  I was stoked, especially after scouring Groupon for years looking for laser treatment deals.  I did have a few, but you always need to return for retreatments, which are pricey and painful.  

In the interrim, this is a great redness-reducing remedy.
If you want to get SUPER crafty, I recommend digging a little deeper at the bottom shelf level and snatching some generic nasal spray.  


Go forth and fearlessly be pale!  

No comments:

Post a Comment